Created on Tuesday, 14 July 2015 03:47
El Centro de Ayuda (ECDA) is the only FamilySource Center through the City of Los Angeles Housing Investment Community Development Department (HCID) to receive the 4 star performance awards for consecutive four years in providing excellent quality service delivery to low income families in the Boyle Heights area.
Our Impact through Family Source Center
ECDA is creating sustainable solutions that make a difference in the lives of low-income families. Since implementing our FamilySource program in 2010, the following are highlights of our program accomplishments through 2014:
- 7,720 low-income City residents were served by our FamilySource
this represents a 513% increase over the number of City residents served through our stand-alone delivery model.
- $2,110,033 increased family income was realized for program participants through:
attainment of a job, obtaining EITC credit, opening a bank account, obtaining child/other tax credit, child support or child care, enrolling in a utilities discount program, health insurance, cal-fresh, or other public benefit assistance.
- 860 youth experienced increased academic achievement
these youth remained in school and showed progression in grade level as a result of educational support services provided through our FamilySource.
- 282 people received free tax preparation services and $119,386 in Earned Income Tax Credit dollars generated
this represents the highest number of tax returns processed for new VITA programs in Los Angeles.
- Customer Satisfaction average of 9.25 on a scale of 10
California State University Northridge conducts two customer satisfaction surveys of FamilySource participants during the program year, and results reveal high levels of satisfaction with services, staff and facility.